Master Bedroom Quilt- A finished project

Here is my finished quilt for my bed.  It is a king size quilt, and boy am I glad that it is finished.

   

It was very difficult to quilt this beast on my domestic machine, but I managed.  I decided only to quilt in the ditch and I am glad that I did.  This quilt was just too big and heavy to manage any other way.

On my last post I was just about ready to start putting together this quilt top.  I inserted a plain gray square between each sixteen patch block.  I then put this quilt top together in stages.  I assembled a bunch of larger 9 patch blocks then I put them together in rows and stitched the rows together.  Once everything was assembled I managed to put the quilt on my bed, that way I could make sure that it actually fit.  I also did this so that I could decide if I needed to add any borders.  After placing the quilt on the bed, I decided that borders were not needed.

I then pin basted my quilt on my living room floor.  I found a lot of good tips online for trying to baste this large of a quilt.  Some people mentioned that they tape or pin theirs to the carpet.  I decided I would give it a try.  Since this method worked very well for this large of a quilt, I decided that this would be how I now pin baste all my quilts regardless of size.

I then proceeded to quilt this quilt.  I decided to take it slow, use my walking foot and stitch in the ditch.  It worked out very well.

Now that my quilt for my bedroom is finished, I can now begin my quilt for my new baby girl that is due in January.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *