Well…. I know that I said that I was only going to work on hand quilting my lonestar quilt and I said that I was not going to start another project before this one was finished, I slipped up. I really wanted to get out my sewing machine and work on something different.
For my birthday, I acquired a pattern to make a Teddy Bear. I have always wanted to try making stuffed animals. I decided that this was going to be a great thing to do. How hard could it be?
I had some left over scrap gray minky fabric that was calling my name. It really wanted to be used. I also had some gray polka dot fabric left over from the baby quilt that I had made Abigail. Over the course of a couple of days I managed to make a cute little bear.
This was the first stuffed animal that I have made. The bear turned out cute, however, minky fabric is so hard to work with. Next time I should probably make this bear out of cotton fabric only. The pattern called for the same fabric to be used on the entire bear, but I think that the two toned look is much better. It also called for me to embroider a nose and a mouth. I tried that but decided that I did not like the way it was looking, so I took it out. The eyes are sparkly buttons that I had found in my button stash.
I gave it to Abigail and she calls it her “Carebear”.
Here is a picture of my little helper that insisted that she sit with me. I did have a lot of fun trying to put this bear together and I am quite pleased how it came out.