Here is my finished quilt for my bed. It is a king size quilt, and boy am I glad that it is finished.
It was very difficult to quilt this beast on my domestic machine, but I managed. I decided only to quilt in the ditch and I am glad that I did. This quilt was just too big and heavy to manage any other way.
On my last post I was just about ready to start putting together this quilt top. I inserted a plain gray square between each sixteen patch block. I then put this quilt top together in stages. I assembled a bunch of larger 9 patch blocks then I put them together in rows and stitched the rows together. Once everything was assembled I managed to put the quilt on my bed, that way I could make sure that it actually fit. I also did this so that I could decide if I needed to add any borders. After placing the quilt on the bed, I decided that borders were not needed.
I then pin basted my quilt on my living room floor. I found a lot of good tips online for trying to baste this large of a quilt. Some people mentioned that they tape or pin theirs to the carpet. I decided I would give it a try. Since this method worked very well for this large of a quilt, I decided that this would be how I now pin baste all my quilts regardless of size.
I then proceeded to quilt this quilt. I decided to take it slow, use my walking foot and stitch in the ditch. It worked out very well.
Now that my quilt for my bedroom is finished, I can now begin my quilt for my new baby girl that is due in January.